Siora Zaneta Baseggio[edit | edit source]
Pronounciation Hint: Zaneta rhymes with Anita.
Persona and Interests:[edit | edit source]
- Zaneta is a 15th-16th century (1490 - 1510) Venetian woman living in Murano and the daughter of a master glassworker.
- Sometimes Zaneta plays around with being a 10th century woman from Vestfold, Norway.
Interests & Skills:
- Glasswork - especially lampwork beads
- Embroidery and needlework
- Garb and sewing - especially Italian and Viking
- Tablet weaving
- Archery and Thrown Weapons
History in the SCA:[edit | edit source]
- 1997 - 1998: Found the SCA through a friend and played a little in the Canton of Axed Root as a teenager. Left for various reasons - mostly, being a teenager.
- 2011 - present: Returned to the SCA
- Current Group: Canton of Axed Root
- Associated with: Barony of Coeur d'Ennui
- Seneschal of Axed Root: 2012 - 2014
- Herald of Axed Root: 2014 - present
- Red Hawk Herald (external commenting herald): 2014 - 2018
- Secretary for the Calontir Glassworkers Guild: 2017 - present
- Guild Head for Calontir Glassworkers Guild: 2018 - present
Kingdom Honors & Awards:
- 2012: Award of Arms
- 2013: Order of the Torse
- 2016: Order of the Golden Calon Swan
- 2017: Order of the Leather Mallet
- 2017: Order of the Cross of Calontir
Baronial Honors & Awards (Coeur d'Ennui):
- 2012: Baronial Archery Champion
- 2013: Bon Coeur (Service)
- 2013: Lumier du Sanglier (Teaching)
- 2015: Boar's Tooth (A&S)
- 2018: Baronial A&S Champion
Other Information[edit | edit source]
- Primary Device: Argent, on a pale cotised sable, a comet argent.
- Alternate/Historical Device: Purpure, on a pale cotised between two comets argent, a comet sable.
- (Fieldless) A crab argent sustaining in its claws a key reversed sable
- (Fieldless) A key fesswise reversed sable.
- Clara Brown - used in conjunction with her lord husband's alternate name, Emmett Brown.
Links and Blogs:
- [& Key] - Personal cooking / crafting blog with a historical bent
- IRCC 6 Participant Page - Participated in the 6th Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge put on by the Realm of Venus.
Rat out a Friend[edit | edit source]
where your friends can add accomplishments and comments about things you're too modest to share,
abusive/slanderous content will be deleted