St. Augustine's Faire 2018
General Information:[edit | edit source]
18 August 2018
Location: Floyd County Fairgrounds, Charles City, IA
Event Steward: Gobban MacRoibeard
Theme: Battle of Brunanburh - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brunanburh
Highlights:[edit | edit source]
Unofficial Court Report:[edit | edit source]
- Kediver won both the archery tourney and the thrown weapons tourney.
- There weren't enough fighters to have either an armored combat or a C&T tourney, but there were good pickups and Master Gawin conducted a C&T introduction for the fighters.
Photos:[edit | edit source]
- Sifrid von Eichelborn -
Comments and Impressions:[edit | edit source]
- Thank you to the folks at Heraldshill for another wonderful event. Far and away the best feast I've had. Thank you for allowing Zaneta and I to setup our gear to teach lampwork bead making. We had a blast! - Amon
- The runzas were amazing, always a favorite part of St. Augustine Fair. - "Deb"
- The breakfast ones were fantastic. - Zaneta
- Thanks to everyone who showed up to the shoot! I think it turned out pretty well and it was a fantastic day for being outside! - Beatrix
- I just wanted to give a big thank you to all who came to Heraldshill's event this past weekend. Without you we wouldn't have the fun that we have. I also wanted to thank all those who taught classes and shared their knowledge as well as our marshals: William Fletcher, Brigida von München, Zach MacDonald,and Gawin Kappler. I hope nobody went hungry. - Gobban
Event Officers[edit | edit source]
- Troll - Avelyn
- Inn - Juliana
- Feast - Anastasia
- Fighting - Zachariah?
- Equestrian - none
- Waterbearing - Esther
- Archery - Brigida
- Thrown Weapons - William
Note for next year - feast sits 72, 8 people per table including head table. New feast gear totes and embroidered towels for inn planned for next year.