Spring Crown Tourney 2019
- 1 General Information
- 2 Highlights:
- 3 Unofficial Court Report:
- 4 Photos & Videos:
- 5 Comments and Impressions:
- 6 Play by Play:
General Information[edit | edit source]
- Date: 13 April
- Location: Barony of Three Rivers
- Royalty: TRM Donngal & Catalina, TRH Anton & Yseult
- Event Stewards: Sayyid Da'ud ibn Ibrahim al-Sisari and Lady Eva Celensoen
- Theme: Calontir's 35th Birthday
- Website: https://sites.google.com/view/springcrowntournament2019/
The List:[edit | edit source]
- List with photos
- Pronunciation Guide on YouTube (reflecting a couple of spelling errors from the website)
History Museum of Calontir[edit | edit source]
Unto the Kingdom of Calontir does Baroness Slaine send greetings.
At Crown Tourney on April 13th in the Barony of Three Rivers there will be a museum dedicated to the history of Calontir. Please bring historical artifacts, curiosities, and wonders which tell the story of Calontir - freon can helmets, early AoA scrolls, event flyers from well-loved past events, etc.
Take a minute to write out what you know of the history of the item. (Ahead of time is great or I’ll have note cards and pens available the day of.) Items that are larger such as furniture or banners please let know so that I can arrange the proper space.
We learn so much about medieval history by way of material culture. What does the material culture of Calontir say about us? What have we learned?
"Then and Now" Arts & Sciences Competition[edit | edit source]
As we celebrate the 35 anniversary of our Kingdom, this competition is to recognize how we as a kingdom and as individuals have grown.
We are looking for two items per person, an early example of your craft and a more recent example. For each item, please provide at least a 3x5 card of documentation. Additionally, please provide at least a 3x5 card explaining how you've improved in your research, skills, material, tools, periodness, and/or technique between these two items.
Entrants will be separated in judging by award level (Novice/AOA, GOA, Laurel) so don't worry about how long you've been doing your craft! There will be prizes.
Please enter! Share your growth, improve the kingdom, show the newer members we all started somewhere! (If I can find it, I have my first tunic....seersucker acetate table cloth--Hand sewn!)
If you have any questions, please contact myself or HL Rochwen.
Yours in Service, Lady Amba allrasystir
Feast[edit | edit source]
The feast for Calontir Spring Crown, in honor of Calontir’s 35th birthday, is an early Anglo-Saxon one fit for those of us who remember the days when we were known as the wearers of dirty brown wool.
The dishes that do not say they are meat or dairy don’t contain any, and all veg-based dishes will be available without meat or dairy for those who wish – this unabashed carnivore believes in being vegan-friendly. Please let troll know when you register if you are meatless for the feast, and you’ll get a little bundle of herbs to set at your table to let the servers know.
Yours, Elspeth Modlen ferch Daffydd
1st Borde[edit | edit source]
Olives & Pickles
Bread and Cheese
2nd Borde[edit | edit source]
Greens with Bacon
Cabbages in Cream
Roast Chicken with Green Garlic Sauce
3rd Borde[edit | edit source]
Barley with Leeks and Mushrooms
Shoulder of Pork with Mustard Cream
Roast Roots and Apples
4th Borde[edit | edit source]
Vegan accommodative[edit | edit source]
greens no bacon
cabbage no cream
gleaner’s pottage no chicken
roast roots & apples no pork
barley cakes no butter
Highlights:[edit | edit source]
- Insert here
Unofficial Court Report:[edit | edit source]
On the field:
- Franco Suares – AoA
- Tyr of Three Rivers – AoA
- Isabel of Three Rivers – AoA
- Padraig of Three Rivers – Leather Mallet
- Nolan son of Bero – Queen’s Chalice
- Michael of Sussex – Leather Mallet
- Rosaline Fortescue – Golden Calon Swan
- Matthew of Three Rivers – Torse
Other court tidings:
- Prince Edmund of the Middle Kingdom invited one and all to the Middle Kingdom 50th Year Celebration.
- Lord Otmar Eichman won the C&T tournament.
- Mistress Luckie Glasbrenner, Baroness Gwendolyn verch Morgaine and Mistress Roselyn of Aberdeenwon the A&S competitions.
- The Barony of Three Rivers presented largess and a tithe.
- 5 newcomers received mugs.
- Their Majesties are accepting bids for replacement of items lost to bandits on the road to Gulf Wars: traveling crowns, His Majesty’s sword, Their Majesties’ thrones.
- Donations to the Kingdom Regalia fund will be accepted.
- Lord Andromir Vukovic is the new Kingdom Regalia Coordinator.
- Master Andrixos Seljukroctonis was created a Herald Extraordinary by the authority of Mistress Brigida von München, Gold Falcon Principal Herald.
- Honorable Lord Lawrence Taillefer the Leech (Known as Doc) and Mistress Geneviève de Chambéry will be invested as the new Baron and Baroness of Vatavia at the Tournament of Valor.
- A boon was begged for Honorable Lady Emeline de Moulineaux to join the Order of the Pelican.
Photos & Videos:[edit | edit source]
- Insert here
Comments and Impressions:[edit | edit source]
- Vilhelm Lich - https://www.flickr.com/photos/vilhelm_lich_photostream/
Play by Play:[edit | edit source]
- Gavin moves on from the bye fight
- Katherine defeats Hirsch
- Mathieu defeats Eric
- Maren defeats Zachariah
- Cilian defeats Aed
- Anton defeats Ren Jie
- Duncan defeats Xandre
- Tristram advances from the bye fight
—-Begins Secondary tree——
- Hirsch advances from his bye fight
- Eric defeats Zachariah, Zachariah exits the tournament.
- Ren Jie defeats Aed. Aed exits the tournament.
- Xandre advances from his bye fight (after a very humorous sword fail from the bye fighter!)
- —-Back to Primary tree—
- Gavin defeats Katherine
- Mathieu defeats Maren
- Anton defeats Cilian
- Tristram defeats Duncan
—-Secondary tree again—-
- Erich defeats Katherine. Katherine exits the tournament.
- Hirsch defeats Maren. Maren exits the tournament
- Xandre defeats Cilian. Cilian exits the tournament. (There was a slight switch in ordered pairs)
- Ren Jie defeats Duncan. Duncan exits the tournament.
- Erich defeats Hirsch. Hirsch exits the tournament (Gavin, Mathieu, Anton, Tristram, Erich, Xandre are left.)
- Xandre defeats Ren. Ren exits the tournament
—-Back to Primary tree—
- Mathieu defeats Gavin. Gavin moves to Secondary tree
- Anton defeats Tristram. Tristram moves to the Secondary tree
—-last fights before semifinals—
- Gavin defeats Xandre. Xandre exits the tournament
- Tristram defeats Erich. Erich exits the tournament
- Tristram vs Mathieu. Tristram must win twice
- Gavin vs Anton. Gavin must win twice
- Tristram vs Mathieu.
- First win to Tristram. He must win one more time
- Tristram advances
- Anton vs Gavin.
- Anton advances
Finals will be Tristram vs Anton
- First round will be fought sword and shield.
- Anton wins round one.
- Second round will be axes
- Anton wins!