Ki no Kotori
Ki no Kotori 紀小鳥[edit | edit source]
aka Tace of Foxele, Maria Katerina von Adlerhof
Persona:[edit | edit source]
- Ki no Kotori 紀小鳥 is a 10th century (Heian Era) Japanese courtier who has taken Buddhist vows（Heian Era). She is my primary Persona.
- Tace of Foxele is 12th century Anglo-Saxon lady living in Norman-occupied England, at Foxele (modern Foxholes), in Yorkshire, 9 miles south of Scarborough.
- Maria Katerina von Adlerhof is a 16th century Austrian, in the service of the Habsburg Imperial Court in Vienna, Budapest, and Prague.
- Link to Calontir Armorial - http://armorial.calontir.org/Pages/KiTorame.htm
History in the SCA:[edit | edit source]
- I started in the SCA in 1991, in the Barony of the Flame (Louisville, KY), Middle Kingdom
- Originally I was a heavy-weapons fighter. Injuries have sidelined me.
- AOA awarded by King Jafar and Queen Catherine, Midrealm 3/12/1994 for Service as Chronicler and at Demos.
- Became Squire to Sir David Dragonhawk, 9/24/1994
- Baronial award: Order of the Flamberge by Baroness Cordelia Tichy, Barony of the Flame, 1995, for Service at Demos.
- Moved to Calontir after I met my husband, Alfgeirr skytja. We lived in Coeur d'Ennui from 1998-2001.
- We moved to Dubuque in 2001 and started the Riverwatch contact group in mid-2002. It disbanded in 2006. After that, we were honorary members of the Shire of Deodar.
- Golden Swan awarded by King Valens and Queen Susannah for Calligraphy & Illumination 5/24/2003
- Torse awarded by King Joe-Angus and Queen Phaedra for service to the Riverwatch contact group 1/31/2004
- We moved to the Kansas City metro area in December 2012 and now live in the Shire of Cum an Iolair.
- Granted entrance to the Order of the Calon Lily by King Xerxis II and Queen Belanna for Poetry and Research 9/15/2018
- First event: Summer's End Tournament, Barony of the Flame, Middle Kingdom, Sept. 1991.
- Link to Calontir OP -http://op.calontir.org/persona.php?p=2986
- Current Group: Cum an Iolair
- Previous Groups: Shire of Deodar, Riverwatch contact group (Dubuque, IA), Barony of Coeur d'Ennui, Barony of the Flame (Midrealm)
- Guilds, Households, etc: Scribal guild, Bardic guild, squired to Sir David Dragonhawk (Midrealm) 1994-present, House Drachenstein (Midrealm) 1992-1994.
- Local Offices: Exchequer (Shire of Cum an Iolair); Past: Talon Herald, Chatelaine (Shire of Cum an Iolair) Deputy Seneschal, Chronicler (Barony of the Flame); Contact person, Herald, Knight's Marshal, Exchequer (Riverwatch)
- Regional Offices: Assistant Signet (Southern Oaken Region, Midrealm, 1994), Lanner Herald Committee (Calontir 2016-2018)
- Kingdom Offices: None
- SCA-wide Offices: None
- Other service: Autocrat of five events: Summer's End (1993), Collegium (1994), Christmas Tourney (1993, 1994) in Barony of the Flame, and Triskelion at Riverwatch (2004)
- Classes Taught:
- Basic Calligraphy: Carolingian, Insular Majuscule, Insular Minuscule, Half-Uncial, Shodo (many times)
- Scroll layout (many times)
- The Medieval Middle East (Collegium, Barony of the Flame, 1994)
- How to do Documentation (Riverwatch, 2002)
- T-Tunic Tutorial (Riverwatch, 2002, 2003)
- Let's Renga! (Riverwatch, 2003)
- Let's Tanka! (Riverwatch, 2004)
- Successful Event Planning (RUSH, Le Grande Tent, 2003; Flynthill 2005)
- Panel: Design Elements of 16th Century Japanese Clothing (Clothiers, 2017)
- Kosode Construction: Stitches, Tips, and Tricks (Clothiers, 2017)
Other Information:[edit | edit source]
- Documentation for past projects:
- Song: The Iowegia Song 2003
- Akikawa Nikki (A Poetic Diary) 2005
- Notes from Successful! Event Planning (2005)
- Wimples and Zukin 2008
- 20 Poems from the Shōyōshū (小葉集 Small Leaf Collection) 2015
- Song: Kestrel's Lullabye 2015
- Poems from Daisougen Nikki 大草原日記 The Great Prairie Diary 2016
- An Examination of Zukin 2016
- Kosode Construction: Stitches, Tricks, and Tips 2017
- Song: The Falcon's Cry 2017
- Composing and Designing a Japanese SCA Scroll 2017
- Kotori no Uta Hyakushu 小鳥の歌百首 (A Little Bird's Song 100-Poem Linked Sequence) 2018
Rat out a Friend[edit | edit source]
where your friends can add accomplishments and comments about things you're too modest to share,
abusive/slanderous content will be deleted