Mirza (Master) Jibra'il `Attar[edit | edit source]
- (formerly known as: Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi)
- Jibra'il portrays a Safavid Persian, who is a Court physician during the reign of Shah Tahmasp I of Persia, and is traveling across the Known World with the Royal Court. Currently, those travels have led him to the Barony of Caerthe, in the Kingdom of the Outlands.
- Honors & Awards:
- Order of the Laurel - May 6, 2017 (Robert & Magge)
- Order of the Cross of Calontir - September 26, 2009 (Hirsch I & Magdalena I)
- Order of the Stag - May 9, 2015 (Hrothgar III & Ingridr)
- Order of the Flower - February 6, 2016 (Bela V & Anna III)
- Order of the Torse - June 19, 2005 (Tristram I & Katrine)
- Order of the Golden Calon Swan - May 3, 2008 (Anton I & Isabeau I)
- Order of the Argent Hart - October 25, 2014 (Walrick & Cecilia)
- Order of the Aspen of Caerthe - October 12, 2013 (Domin & Celestina)
- Order of the Gilded Leaf of Caerthe - August 31, 2014 (Domin & Celestina)
- Award of Arms - February 5, 2005 (Garick & Yasamin)
- Queen's Endorsement of Distinction [Ideals of the Society] - September 9, 2006 (Xorazne)
- Noble's Gratitude of Unser Hafen - January 3, 2015 (Tracker & Meadhbh)
- Queen's Cypher - April 29, 2017 (Magge)
- Offices Held:
- Kingdom Disaster Relief Coordinator (Calontir) - 2006-2008
- Deputy Kingdom Disaster Relief Coordinator (the Outlands) - 2012-present
- Deputy Kingdom Chatelaine (Calontir) - 2007-2008
- Regent, Royal University of Scir-Hafoc (Calontir) - 2005-2009
- Harrier Herald (Calontir) - 2008-2009
- Social Media Officer (Caerthe) - 2016-2017
- Chronicler (Caerthe) - 2013-2015, and again in 2016
- List Minister (Caerthe) - 2010
- Chatelaine (Deodar) - 2007-2008
- Pursuivant (Hawk's Hollow) - 2015-2017
- Pursuivant (Bloodstone) - 2014
- Pursuivant (Deodar) - 2005-2007
- Pursuivant (La Grande Tente) - 2005-2006
- Event Steward
- Retinue Positions:
- Lord-in-Waiting for Her Majesty Anna MacTaggert (October 2017 - May 2018)
- Largesse Wrangler for TRM's Leif III & Ansteys (May 2017 - November 2017)
- Lord-in-Waiting for Her Majesty Magge Magnus (November 2016 - May 2017)
- Classes Taught:
- Newcomer's Survival Guide to Lilies War
- Dressing the Safavid Persian Man
- Basic Persona Development
- Introduction to Making Chainmail Jewelry
- How to Make a Paternoster
- How to Make an Anglo-Saxon Ring
- Badges for Non-Heralds: What Are They & How to Use Them
- ...and many, many, MANY more!
- Primary Device: Or, a dexter tierce gules, a chief sable.
- Alternate Device: Purpure, a pale argent surmounted by a slip of willow bendwise sinister throughout Or.
>> This badge is associated with the alternate persona of: Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi.
- Personal Badge: (Fieldless) A rustre fesswise within and conjoined to a mascle Or.
- Maker's Mark: (Fieldless) A sheperd's crook bendwise sinister gules.
- Household Badge: (Fieldless) A Cross of four lozenges quarterly gules and Or.
- Alternate Personas:
- Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi: 15th-century Florentine, apothecary (name registered)
- Jedediah Glasmon: 12th-century Londoner, glasswright (name registered)
- Jasper Sleecht: 15th-century Netherlandish/Flemish (name registered)
- Mishka Lamanov: 14th-century Kievian Rus, textile merchant (name was registered & released)
- Decimus Saturius Praeconinus: herald during the Roman Republic
- Eyvindr skalli Ketilsson: Viking-era farmer living in Gotland
- Valentine Paycock: Tudor-era courtier
- Wang Chung: Han dynasty Chinese man of unknown reputation
- Interests & Skills:
- costuming (Italian, Persian, Tudor)
- string things (kumihimo, lucet, fingerloop)
- glass stuff (lampwork beads, stained glass)
- jewelry work (trichinopoly, wire wrapping, chainmail)
- cooking (Middle Eastern)
- all things herbal (gardening, herbal remedies, soap making, anything apothecary related)
- heraldry (onomastics, armory)
- service (working gate, event steward, Royal University, disaster relief, and more)
|| Stag brooch made for Lord Turlough from the Barony of Dragonsspine, Kingdom of the Outlands for the "Stags Glory" themed round of KAOS.
|| Laurel-themed Norse festoon made for Baroness Asta Olafsdottir of the Barony of Caer Galen, Kingdom of the Outlands for her elevation to the Order of the Laurel.
|| Roman-inspired necklace commissioned by TRM Bela V and Anna III of the Outlands as a gift to Her Majesty Melissa of the Kingdom of Atenveldt for Estrella War.
|| Three-decade paternoster and modified Japenese 12-2 chainmail bracelet made for a past KAOS artisan gift swap. Lord David Tretelgja from the Barony of Dragonsspine was the recipient.
|| Medallions made during a Jewelers' Guild of Caerthe saw & pierce-work and stamping & engraving jewelry workshop. These medallions eventually were donated to the Barony of Caerthe for use as Gilded Leaf medallions, for the Barony's AoA-bearing A&S award. (In a funny twist of fate, Mirza Jibra'il received one of these back when he was admitted to the Order.)
|| This enameled piece with double-woven trichinopoly cord was made during a Jewelers' Guild of Caerthe enameled jewelry workshop. The medallions made were donated to the Barony of Caerthe for use as Keystone of Caerthe medallions, for the Barony's 15+ years of service award. This piece went to Duchess Elisheva bat Simon Halevy.
|| This Roman-inspired necklace incorporated a leaf pendant that Mirza Jibra'il won while playing a rousing game of gluckhaus. This piece was then donated to the Barony of Caerthe for use as a Gilded Leaf medallion, for the Barony's AoA-bearing A&S award. Lady Taythen Maculagh was the recipient of this piece.
|| This Roman-inspired necklace and carnelian & bone paternoster was made to the "On Campaign" round of KAOS. The idea for this gift was around what a pilgrim would take with them on their pilgrimage (the paternoster) and what they might acquire from their final destination (the necklace). Mistress Mirabel de Malmesberie was the recipient.
|| Painted silk fans made for concurrent KAOS and Nobelese Largesse heraldry themed rounds. The heraldic beasts were made for Lady Annika Hoglund from the Canton of Ravenhyrst, Barony of Caerthe. The Calontir populace badges were made for Lady Maegwynn Attewood from the Shire of Crescent Moon.
|| Mirza Jibra'il's current favorite largesse item to make are these Norse festoon wire-bead drops, based on pieces he saw in the Vikings exhibit at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. This particular batch was donated to Their Majesties Robert & Magge at the time of his elevation to the Order of the Laurel.
|| These pewter cast tokens are of Mirza Jibra'il's personal badge, and were used as tokens while he sat vigil for the Order of the Laurel.
|| This carnelian and lapis lazuli Roman-inspired necklace was made for the employee appreciation event for the animal rescue that Mirza Jibra'il mundanely volunteers at.
|| Mirza Jibra'il has recently learned how to make nag hammadi style books, and several may have been seen floating around in largesse baskets during the 2nd reign of Damien and Issabell.
|| This Norse festoon with attached wire-bead pendants was made during one of the recent Nobelese Largesse rounds.
|| The Jewelers' Guild of Caerthe held a claas on glass enameling, where Mirza Jibra'il spent the time practicing a technique called sgraffito (scratching away the top layer of enamel powder to reveal the under-glaze).
|| The Caer Galen Bookbinders' Guild held a workshop on the Coptic stitch bookbinding technique. This is Mirza Jibra'il's first attempt of this method of bookbinding.
|| Another Roman-inspired necklace crafted by Mirza Jibra'il, for a recent round of Nobelese Largesse.
|| Another component of a recent Nobelese Largesse project: a 3-decade linear paternoster.
|| Mirza Jibra'il put his lucet and jewelry knowledge and skills to use to turn one of his glass enameling projects into a wearable Laurel medallion for himself.