Horse and Falcon, Playing with Fire II 2018
General Information[edit | edit source]
- Date: September 1st and 2nd, 2018
- Location: at the Tournament of Horse and Falcons, in the Lillies Food Court location
- Event Steward:
- Cooking in a Period way, over fire and outdoors. Classes and workshops, vendors, and more! What could be more fun!
- Bring your above ground cooking setups. We will be providing several large bags of lump charcoal. If you wish to cook with wood, please purchase locally; do not bring wood from outside of Clay County.
- Merchants are welcome; see the Horse and Falcons event information for merchant fees.
- Playing With Fire will be offering fare from the various cooks as a donation inn. Proceeds will go to the Cook's Guild. Cooks, please provide your planned menu items to me by August 1st.
Highlights:[edit | edit source]
- Class Schedule - http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/2018/08/14/playing-with-fire-at-horse-and-falcons-class-schedule/
- Additional Classes - http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/2018/08/18/more-classes-at-horse-and-falcons/
Unofficial Court Report:[edit | edit source]
On the Equestrian field:
- Chrystopher Wotjowicz - Eo Hirth
In evening court:
- Scarlet Rose of Oakheart - Purple Jess
- Oren Tokesson - Iren Fyrd
- Æthelred the Well Read - Iren Hirth
- Zofia Zygmuntówna - Queen's Chalice
- Dirik von Rosswald - Chivalry
Other Court tidings:
- 2 newcomers received mugs.
Photos & Videos:[edit | edit source]
- Vilhelm Lich - https://www.flickr.com/photos/vilhelm_lich_photostream/
Comments and Impressions:[edit | edit source]
- Another Playing with Fire is in the history books. A little smaller, but we still had a lot of fun and cooked amazing food! Ms. Giraude was brutally attacked by her Viking grill, but managed to walk it off, cook for the inn and teach a class all the same! The inn took in $514 in donations, which was split between the Cooks' Guild and the Bakers' Guild. Special thanks to Abatissa , Alianora, Griraud, Ysabel, Lorraine, and Judith, plus all the others whose names I did not catch. - Mathurin