Mistress Dorcas Whitecap
- Dorcas is a 7th century Anglo-Saxon from the kingdom of Mercia. The name Dorcas Whitecap is a late-period English name. See, your name doesn't have to match your persona.
- In the SCA, I am a bard and a herald. I also embroider and knit.
- Link to Calontir Armorial - http://armorial.calontir.org/Pages/DorWhi.htm
History in the SCA:
- I first encountered the SCA in 1984, while living in Forgotten Sea, but it didn't "stick". I moved to Carlsby, and attended a few meetings, and tried fighting, but armor was expensive & I never developed a passion for it. In 1990 I moved to Crescent Moon, and discovered a very enthusiastic and friendly group, and that's the time I consider as my start in the Society.
- Significant events since then:
- Original Champion of the Bardic College, that is, holder of the Big Damn Stick, in 1999.
- I wrote "The Compact Between Horse and Man", commonly called "the horsey song", in 2006.
- I wrote "Sword From the Stone" and won the Northshield WW Smith's Challenge in 2006.
- I was elevated to the Order of the Pelican in July 2009. I have one Protege: Johann Steinarsson. At the coronation of Donnegal and Catalina (January 2019), I begged the boon for him to be elevated to the Order of the Pelican.
- Link to Calontir OP - http://op.calontir.org/persona.php?p=858
- Groups and Affiliations:
- Current Group: Barony of Forgotten Sea, Canton of Aston Tor
- Previous Groups: Carlsby, Crescent Moon
- Guilds, Households, etc: Member of the Calontir Bardic College since 1992. Dean of the College (guild head) from 2007-2009.
- Local Offices: Shire Herald in Crescent Moon, Canton Herald in Aston Tor, Fountain Pursuivant in the Barony of Forgotten Sea.
- Regional Offices: Harrier Herald, that is, Regional reporting deputy for the Central Region.
- Kingdom Offices: Battleur Herald (tournament herald wrangler), Gold Falcon Herald (principal herald of the kingdom), White Hawk Herald (personal herald to TRMs Logan and Ylva), Eyas Herald (internal submissions
- SCA-wide Offices: n/a
- Other service: tbd
Websites, photo-sharing, etc.
Rat out a Friend
where your friends can add accomplishments and comments about things you're too modest to share,
abusive/slanderous content will be deleted