Crown Tourney 2019, Fall
General Information[edit | edit source]
- Date: 11-14 October
- Location: Smithville Lake, MO
- Royalty: TRMs Anton and Yseult
- Event Steward:
- Live Play-by-Play by Toornament:
A&S Competition[edit | edit source]
Travel or Exploration in any Medium… see Event Page for details.
Vigil and Elevation for His Grace Donngal to the Order of the Pelican[edit | edit source]
For those wishing to attend;
The vigil for His Grace Donngal will be at Crown Tournament starting Saturday evening in the House Eriksson camp on Noble's Row after court.
The elevation will be Sunday at TRM leisure.
As we all know His Grace enjoys to revel with his Kingdom, so bring your chairs for singing. Bring a drum or two and we might fit in some dancing as well. There will be a delicious vigil table with all things bacon coordinated by Her Excellency Gabbie. A bar for those old enough coordinated by Donal & Allison. (I'll also bring a cooler of non alcoholic beverages)
All are welcome! PSA: it will be nosy, it will be fun, Don't camp near Noble's Row if you want to sleep that night. ~Duchess Catalina
Stile Pas d’Armes[edit | edit source]
A great Stile Pas d’Armes has been declared for the afternoon of October the Twelfth, following the Tournament to find the Heirs of Calontir.
All Ladies of the Rose as well as Consorts of the Contestants from the day and all they invite to join them, are cordially invited to join a great Gallery to witness and judge the acts of puissance, honor, chivalry and courtesy performed at said Pas.
Their Royal Majesties will present a worthy gift, a buckler made by Master Ravasz Janos, shown below. Other prizes will be made available for the Gallery’s gift, and in addition the members of the Gallery are encouraged to offer praise and favor to those who they find worthy.
Please join us for a pleasant afternoon of guts and gore…er, um…sport, in honor of Crown, Heirs, Kingdom and the Art of Steel!
Master Mathurin Kerbusso
Crown List[edit | edit source]
List Pronunciation by Master Johann Steinnarsson
- Sir Mathieu Chartrain for Her Grace Aislinn Morcroft
- Duke Joe Angus Wilson of Clan Gunn for Duchess Phaedra filia Roberti
- Duke Tristram of Lindesfarne for HE Rhianwen ferch Bran ap Gruffydd
- Herzog Hirsch Eichmann for Herzogin Magdalena van der Meere
- Proconsul Marius Lucian Fidelis for Mistress Tamar bat Avraham
- His Excellency Agamemnon Platylithodae for Mistress Severin Sveinsdottir
- His Excellency Duncan Bruce of Logan for Her Excellency Ylva Jönsdottir
- Sir Wulfric Tyrell for Lady Isibil Edvinsdottir
- Halvgrimr riddari for Her Excellency Gabrielle von Friedrichstahl
- Sir Duncan Mac Torquil for Honorable Lady Maria Arosa de Santa Olalla
- Sir Killian O'Conaill for Her Excellency Rebecca Beaumont
- Snorri Bjornsson Riddari for Honorable Lady Alanora O Keefe
- Eques Uldin of Ravenscroft for HE Nü Tzê Sung Sai-êrh
- Sir Maren Porskabitr for Honorable Lord Saito Takauji
- Mistress Katherine von Heilige for Ren Jie Lingzhu
- Ren Jie Lingzhu for Mistress Katherine von Heilige
- Lord Øyríkr Raðúlfsson for Mistress Nesscia inghean Chearnaigh
- Sir Gavin O'Shannon for Honorable Lady Elizabet Walker of Paisley
- Honorable Lord Erik Tokesson for Mistress Eowyth Þa Siðend
- Master Jurgen Weiter von Landstuhl for Mistress Helena Soranzo
- Honorable Lord Balin Kendrick for Honorable Lady Melisent McAffee
- Lord Rheinhart Eichmann for Honorable Lady Adalyde Heloyz la Cantora
- Honorable Lord Zachariah MacDonald for Lady Mel McAlpin
- Honorable Lord Janos Katona for Lord Hirakawa Sabuto Kagetora
- Honorable Lord Ǽthelred the Well Read for Lady Kathrine Northrepps
- Lord Úlfr Þorgrimsson for Lord Alaric Acwulf
- Lord Melchor Eichmann for Lady Gianetta Antonelli (surname listed as Antinelle in the OP)
Highlights:[edit | edit source]
- Insert here
Unofficial Court Report:[edit | edit source]
On the field Saturday:
- Proconsul Marius Lucian Fidelis and Mistress Tamar bat Avraham were invested as Prince and Princess of Calontir.
Saturday evening court:
- Lillian de Champagne – AoA
- Astryd gleðill – Golden Calon Swan
- Æþelwyn æt Ulancumbe – AoA
- Katherine von Heilige – Leather Mallet
Other court tidings:
- 15 newcomers received mugs.
- The Barony of Forgotten Sea presented largess.
- Honorable Lord Rashid ibn Ahmad al-Raʼis received the scroll for his Iren Hirth, which he was granted at Pennsic A.S. 54.
Sunday morning court:
- Donngal Eriksson – Pelican
Other court tidings:
- Honorable Lord Gerald Kendall and Mistress Alianora Jehannette des Amandiers will be invested as the new Baron and Baroness of Forgotten Sea at the Krist Kinder Market.
Photos & Videos:[edit | edit source]
Comments and Impressions:[edit | edit source]
From the Event Steward[edit | edit source]
Greetings to the most wonderful populace of Calontir.
First, let me thank all of you for making this a very easy event to run. When I walked around the site after everyone had left, there was less than a plastic grocery bag of trash, and probably two thirds of that was not generated by us. You made the job easy.
I need to extend my thanks also to the folks who stepped up and volunteered to run activities to make the event that much more enjoyable:
- Mistress Rebecca for running Gate.
- Sir Maren for handling PayPal and running the fighter school.
- Her Excellency Ylva for running A&S activities.
- Master Mathurin for running the C&T Pas.
- Her Ladyship Adelaide for running children's activities.
- Mistress Sibilla for running the Cook's Guild inn.
- His Lordship Janos for running the archery.
- Mistress Alianora for running the feast under very challenging circumstances.
- Sir Malachi for keeping our relationship with the park working smoothly, ensuring we had both water and electricity available.
In addition there were many people who helped each of those listed above. My thanks goes out to all of them as well. And I must mention Master Gawin, who got dumped on our doorstep by fate, but pitched in and was a tremendous help during setup.
But my biggest thanks has to go out to my SCA family. They not only volunteered to do many of the jobs above, but they picked up the slack that I was leaving.
- My wife, Ylva, who brought all the stuff I forgot and managed all our mundane concerns.
- My sword brother Gawain, who came to site every day, from setup through final clean up, even though he wasn't camping.
- My son, Ivarr, who was also there from setup to clean up, and whose dog provided mush needed dog fixes.
- But most of all to my daughter Miranda, who not only organized much of the event, but abandoned her much needed rest after the event was over to attend my father in the emergency room until I could get there.
Calontir is something special, and we all need to remember that.
-- Logan goði --
P.S. My father is fine and back home.