Coronation 2020, Winter
General Information[edit | edit source]
- Date: 11 January 2020
- Location: Barony of Forgotten Sea
- Royalty: TRM Anton & Yseult -> TRM Lucian and Tamar
- Event Steward: Lord Brian Robert MacDougall, assisted by THL Janos Katona
- Feast Coordinator: Lord Hirakawa Kagatora
Arts & Sciences[edit | edit source]
- A blank borders competition
- A display of Royal regalia, including past crowns and attire.
Unofficial Court Report:[edit | edit source]
Final business of Anton and Yseult:
- Elasait ingen Diarmata – Queen’s Endorsement of Distinction for Courtesy
- Kajsa Nikulasdotter – King’s Favor
- Isengrim Sleggja – Queen’s Endorsement of Distinction for Ideals of the Society
First court of Lucian and Tamara:
- Sir Gavin O’Shannon is the King’s Champion.
- Sir Avraham ben David Hakhuzari is the Queen’s Champion.
- Mistress Jorunn Eydisardottir is Their Majesties’ Chamberlain.
Other court tidings:
- The Barony of Forgotten Sea presented largess and a tithe.
- Mistress Anna Plantyn swore fealty as the new kingdom Exchequer.
- David won the armored combat tourney.
- HL Jonathan Hogue won the novice Cut & Thrust tourney.
- Master Gawin Kappler and Lord Emerick Jones won the Cut & Thrust melee tourney.
- HL Adelaide Sarsfield won the Blank Border competition.
- Alec Diriksson won the Youth Combat tourney.
- Sir Gaius Flavius Auxilius is the first recipient of Tamara’s Favor.
- 1 newcomer received a mug.
- Duke Tristram of Lindesfarne, Countess Conna ingen uí Chearbhaill, and Mistress Halimah bint ‘al Abbas ‘al Tanji are the new Kingdom Advocates.
Other Highlights:[edit | edit source]
Feast Menu[edit | edit source]
- Panis quadratus (Bread) (V)
- With pinzimonio (an oil dipping sauce) (V+)
- A selection of cheeses (Feta, Quark) (V)
- Olives (Various) (V+)
- Moretum (Garlic Spread) (V, N)
- Tisana barrica - (Chickpea, lentil, and pea soup) (V+)
- Herbae rusticae - (Salad of various lettuce, greens, herbs) (V+)
- Panitae Piscium - Fish in a Roman wine sauce (F)
- Dolmades - Greens stuffed with lemon rice (V+)
- Cucurbitis ex Oxygala - (cucumber in yogurt sauce) (V)
- Agnum Particum - Roast Lamb with savory herbs
- Carotae Aliter - Honeyed Carrots with cumin sauce (V)
- Patina ex Rusticis (Field vegetables) (V+)
- A brief interlude
- Fructus - Fresh Fruits (V+)
- Nuces Cocto - Toasted nuts (V+, N)
- Savillum (V)
Photos & Videos:[edit | edit source]
Comments and Impressions:[edit | edit source]
- My good husband is home safe from Coronation with tales of valor from many, but especially from those who came together for the good of all the hungry Calontir citizens. Earlier today I heard stories of the Inn keepers stranded at home, and with them, the provisions for lunch. Dire news indeed! But Calontir pulled together with contributions from those who managed the trek, and no one starved. This is just reason 10,362 why I love this Kingdom. - Brialen Ulfsdottir
- I want to give a VIVAT!!! To tonight’s Parking Lot Fairy. I went to get my car after feast tonight, and someone had already given it some very thorough attention with a scraper and brush. Whoever you are... I thank you. So very much. -Adelaide
- I was also the recipient of a brushing, and am very grateful. It made such a huge difference. It looked as if nearly every car in the lot had been brushed! -Margery of Penrith
- Thanks to Mistress Sine ni Shranachain and her crew for feeding the royals, to Mistress Svana Lutusdottir and THL Lorraine Devereaux for caffeinating and watering them. and to my dearest sister Lady Nuala de Shetland for the delicious scones! --Mathurin
- An impossible task without Lady Kate Kathy Archer and our sidekicks Shane and Sir Hobbs. I would like a special thanks as well to Nuala for the savory scones - they were a crowd favorite! I’m not sure who brought the deviled eggs (Mathurin!), but they had HRM Tamar’s seal of approval. Well done, BFS! - Sine
- Thank you to HE Gwen, Ms. Jorunn, and Ms. Giraude for lending us dress forms and mannequins for the regalia display. And thanks to THL Andromir for bringing the cloaks, coronets and principality banners. Thanks to HE Ylva for leading the Newcomer's Roundtable, and to everyone who participated. You all rock! -Loraine Devereax
- Thanks to all of you who were able to attend Our coronation this weekend. We know that the weather kept a large number of people at home, but it was still a lovely event of friends and fun. Thank you, too, to those who stayed home when conditions would have been unsafe for you to travel. We look forward to seeing everyone at future events, and to continuing this journey with you all! — Their Royal Majesties Tamar and Lucian.