Introduction of Group:[edit | edit source]
The Canton of Axed Root is based in Ames, Iowa, and associated with the Barony of Coeur d'Ennui.
Meeting Times and Locations[edit | edit source]
Axed Root meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 to 8:30ish at various locations throughout the year. The current list of locations can be found on the pinned post of the Facebook group. In the winter, we alternate between the Ames Public Library and Oakwood Road Church. During the summer, we meet at various parks around Ames.
There is an informal lampworker/glass maker meet up on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 9ish at Zaneta and Amon's garage.
Current Officers[edit | edit source]
- Seneschal: Beatrix Bogenschutz
- Exchequer: Giovanni Loredan
- Herald: Caitlin inghean Ui Lochlainn
- Marshal: Visvamitra Yavana, called Vim
- A&S Minister: Susanna d'Arbe
- Webminister: Giovanni Loredan
- Deputy Webminister: Kristine nic Taillieur
Heraldry[edit | edit source]
- Device: Gules, on a bend azure fimbriated a double-bitted poleaxe, in sinister canton a laurel wreath Or
- Ancient Arms: Or, a double-bitted poleaxe sable between two boars' heads couped respectant gules all within a laurel wreath vert.
- Populace Badge: (Fieldless) In pale a double-bitted axe bendwise inverted sable embedded in a tree stump eradicated proper.
- Axed Root Militia: Or, a double-bitted poleaxe bendwise sable between in bend sinister a boar's head couped and another couped to sinister gules.
- Guild of Fools: Or, a jester's belled hood affronty gules between in fess a mask of comedy and a mask of tragedy azure.